Sunday, March 02, 2014

Soaking away the winter dryness

Recently I was wasting my life away on Pinterest doing important research, when I came across a foot soak you can DIY at home. I laughed it off and moved onto the next pin. Well this week I realized something about my feet that I had never experienced in all my young years. Winter had taken the life and moisture out of my feet and I was starting to resemble an elephant. No really. It wasn't pretty. They were dry, peeling, sticking to any fabric. I felt like I was walking on velcro.

This brought me back to searching for that laughable post. I was desperate this morning, and I'd already tried EVERYTHING. Every cream and exfoliator I have in my house and neither was working. A couple of friends re-found the Pinterest post for me so when the hubster and mini-hubs were cleaning, I decided it was the perfect moment to gather the ingredients I needed without being questioned, looked at funny, or laughed at.

I didn't have Listerine so I figured I'd go with what I had. The worst that would happen is my dry feet smell like fresh breath right? I again, had to throw my own spin on things to make sure I maximized my potiential for success and doubled the recipe and added it all into my foot bath. I took along my foot exfoliator that came in January's BB5 box, hoping to finally be able to say "it's a good product". I also let my feet soak much longer than the prescribed 10 minutes, and scrubbed them in between soaks. I think I was soaking for a total of half an hour.

I'm not quite sure what the squishy texture of the original photo seen above is supposed to be, perhaps that is the chemical reaction of the Listerine (with alcohol) and vinegar. My Crest mouth wash does not contain alcohol because it is currently attending AA for reasons that shall not be mentioned here. 

So? Did it work? YES! I'm not even joking. You can see the before and after above on the right, and now that my feet are completely dry, they look and feel amazing. Right back to my baby soft feet I had prior to the winter harshness. 

My ONLY woe, is my feet right now, STINK. The mouthwash smell is gone and all I smell is sweaty vinegar. So this process is definitely not recommended right before going out on that first date, before a romantic candlelit romp with your significant other, or before going anywhere you'll be around others who could get a whiff of your tender tootsies. DO however give this a whirl before hopping into the bath or shower. 

Let me know how it works out for you, next time I'm going to try with Listerine and see if that doesn't kill the vinegar odor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment