Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Loose Button Spring 2014

Imagine the weirdness of the doorbell ringing at 8 am, and this plain clothes man showing up in a taxi to deliver me a package. Thank God my husband was the one to answer the door, because that's just all kinds of bizarre. Welcome to country life I suppose!

So what came via strange man was my Spring 2014 Loose Button Luxe Box. I'm a few days behind others who've received theirs, and seeing as how this was my first box, I was really nervous to see what kind of surprises I had in store. Out of about 15 women I saw post, there was maybe 3 or 4 of them who were happy with their box this month. That's not good. Some ordered the Prada add-on and didn't receive it, some never got the option to upgrade their boxes. Some felt their boxes were skimpy and full of low end product samples. So I guess my box could go either way, right? I'll either be pleasantly surprised, or highly disappointed. The little kid in me really couldn't possibly be disappointed by anything that comes in the mail, since I get excited over coupons, so it would take a lot to bring this girl down. However, the adult in me has high expectations of receiving quality for her money. After all, this box comes up to $29.00. The last thing I want is to open it up and find product samples I can pick up at Dollarama or send away for, free.


 

The first thing you receive is a cute brown box with the Loose Button web address printed on the side. Once you open that box, you'll find, another box. A really nice box. Definitely a box you keep to gift at Christmas or any other event that you could need a box for. Inside that box is a mesh bag, with the logo on it. Another re-usable item which, if you're a greenie or a box/bag hoarder like me, is awesome.

When I opened the bag my first concern was "Did I get the Prada add-on?" because hubster was breathing down my neck waiting for it, and after I saw a few girls didn't get theirs, I hoped I was luckier. 


Success! Good sign! Happy hubster. Even better, it smells yummy. Hubster usually wears Dolce Gabanna Light Blue, but he's running low these days, so this itty bitty sample should hold him over for a month or three if he uses it sparingly.


Two brand names I've heard of a lot, but never tried before (because when you're a stay-at-home-mom who wears yoga pants 7 days a week, do you really need the BEST products? You're just happy you don't have baby spit-up in your hair and you got in a couple of showers this week) These were a pleasant surprise. Now that my kids are older I've got a lot of free time to spend on myself, and take better care of myself. That also means I can be more choosy about what I use on my body/face. I keep receiving these HD face primers in my boxes, and since I have rosacea, they just don't work with my skin, but, you know I'll try out the Stila anyways. I'm also looking forward to trying out the Kiehl's Facial Moisturizer. The only off-putting thing about the Kiehl's is the print above their logo "With our compliments". That immediately translates to "free sample" to me. Free samples have no value in my brain, so I'm slightly disappointed at the size of this bottle. Luxe Box is suppose to offer "Premium sized samples". Right there, the "With our compliments" completely negates the "premium" aspect. 


What the hell is this? A headband/sweat band by Titika.ca. Or as I like to call it, a giant hair tie because with my level of inactivity, no sweat ever pours off this body. It has a reflective logo on it, my guess, for joggers to have a little extra visibility when running at night. However it is SO small, I am not sure of the effectiveness. The fabric it is made of kind of feels like a swim suit or under armor, so I can't imagine this would stay put in your hair if you're bouncing around showing off your tight ass and muscular calves running past my house as I sit outside sipping my coffee hating your fit body and hoping you get a leg cramp.


If you know me, you know I'm a nail polish addict, and have quickly taken over my bathroom with a giant polish rack to display my collection, so this adorable nail lacquer from Teeez in Cadmium Rush has me totally giddy. Of course, yesterday I pledged my undying love to Rae, Julep's Color of the Year 2014, however, I think that this little Teeez is bomb and will make an excellent pedicure while I covet Rae.


Fekkai is a brand I have never heard of, but apparently they manufacture Shampoo. I have zero interest in this Luxe Box goodie, because at 36 yrs old, you know I've already got my regular shampoo, and I dig my heels in, for anyone who attempts to get me to change or try something new. Luckily I've got a girlfriend who will be tickled pink when I send this out to her this week. 


Xyla Mints. In a beauty box. Mints are cool to have in your purse but I'm sorry, they are NOT a "beauty necessity". Fresh breath is personal hygiene, and frankly receiving mints in a $30.00 box is a kick in the teeth. I'm insulted. I'm sure they're delish, and probably trying to get their brand name out there, however, there are MANY snack boxes that would covet these and make THEIR subscribers happy to receive them. I'm completely puzzled as to who curated these for the Spring Luxe Box. 


Was this box full of products that make the $30 price tag worth it? No. However, after seeing all the upgrade boxes (upgrades were between 5-7$) I fully intend on maintaining my subscription, and you can bet your ass, come summer I'll be kicking and screaming my way to the front of the line to make sure I get a kick-ass upgrade, because when it comes to Luxe Box, THAT is where the quality lays.










No comments:

Post a Comment