Thursday, March 06, 2014

Julep March Maven - It Girl Review

Before I start, let me just get something off my chest. Julep has great nail polish and you can snag fantastic deals when the mood hits you. Their Maven boxes generally (And I use the term loosely) ship fairly quickly, and this month, it was lightning speed. Score one for Julep. ONE. My rant stems from an order I place in JANUARY. 2 polishes, nothing fancy. I probably could have got both off a swap board and had them in my possession the following week. My only issue with that was at the time I wasn't in a swap group for Canadians, so no one would ever ship to Canada. After much frustration and FIVE weeks of waiting, countless phone calls, e-mails, and stalking the tracking number, my two piddly polishes arrived today along with my Maven box. Lets put this into perspective. One box ships January 22nd, and the other March 3rd. BOTH arrive March 6th. WHAT? Anyways with that said, I'm on the fence about how I feel right now and justifiably so.

Lets get down to business.


If you aren't familiar with Julep, it is a monthly subscription box shipped directly to your door for the low low price of $19.99 and offers free shipping to Canada and the U.S. When you first sign up you're asked to fill out a beauty style survey, to help determine which category of Maven's you fall under. The fun thing is that your first box is absolutely free when you sign up using the discount code FREECOLOR. Try it, here. You wont  be disappointed. You get approximately $40.00 worth of products monthly.

My Maven profile is It Girl, simply because I like receiving 3 polishes from their monthly collections, instead of 2 polishes and a product with the other Maven profiles. This month, I was privy to Lizanne, a Sea Green shimmer, Margaret, a light Periwinkle creme, and Princess Grace, a rich Papaya creme. I chose to add on Monaco, a Mariner Blue creme, because it was listed as Pantone 2014 color of Spring. 



This month's box also came with an Old Fashioned Candy Stick. I love candy so I was tickled. It didn't even matter to me that it was broken into 8000 pieces. 

Here's a closer view of the colors I received:



I think they're really cute for spring, and I can't wait to try them on. Perhaps next week's Monday Mani will feature one, or all of these little pretties.

For those curious, my January order was America and Fireworks. If you take the two boxes, and compare the time and care put into each one, hands down, Julep is impressive for their Maven boxes, but they SUCK at other orders. My month late polishes arrived like this:


They were in a filthy sleeve, but I dared not photograph it. As you can see, one company, two completely different levels of service.

No comments:

Post a Comment