Thursday, February 20, 2014

DollarShave Club

Another nifty package showed up on my doorstep today, again, not what I was expecting, because I only subscribed on Saturday, was my Dollar Shave Club subscription package. No really. I have entered my information on so many samples pages, and freebies sites, I was truly expecting the mailman to show up and dump a huge crate at my door, but alas, no. 



Aside from the fact that I'm not exactly a fan of my "replacement" mailman right now ( I think she's a scab ), I was really happy when I opened my package and found my new razor and blades for the month. Dollar Shave Club offers monthly subscriptions, allowing you to chose which blades you'd prefer. Seeing as how I'm new to the whole subscription addiction, I chose the least expensive razor and blades, The Humble Twin for $4.03 per month with taxes and shipping included in that tiny price. O.k. I'm partially lying. I got the cheaper one because I literally haven't shaved my legs in over a month and figured why spend money on something I barely use anyways? No one can tell I'm sporting the Yeti look under my flannel pajama pants anyways...  


In honor of my new sub, I decided to give my no-more-excuses razor a whirl in the shower earlier, and de-yeti-fied myself. I'm sure my husband will be thrilled to regain his long standing title of "hairiest family member". It took me a few drops in the shower to figure out how to attach the blade to the handle and not have it fall off ( Don't hold the release button when trying to shave ). What can I say? My legs are silky smooth again, with a nice close shave, no razor burn, and no knicks. Im a happy shaver right now. I think for next month I'll upgrade to the "Lovers Blade" ( 4 blades ) for my husband, and keep this Humble Twin for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment